cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error

Mr_Fox_Foot
Level 4

Hello All,

For Test/Practise purpose, when I try to install the NBU 7.1 or 7.5 version of software on my Suse Linux VM machine to configure as a master/media server, The reason am worrying about this OS , after a long struggle I have emulated the mhVTL in this OS to act their appropriate role, but below error message had popped up,

“On Linux x86 operating system running in 64 bit mode”.

As am not a unix guys unable to identify what exactly this error message is , as am running a different version of NBU version for installation or this OS is not compatable to install as a master or media software.

Below are few details on installation stuffs, can some one help me on this

NBU software used for installation  : NetBackup_7.0_LinuxS_x86_64 and  NetBackup_7.5_LinuxS_x86_64

Both installation poped up this error message, Attached the output of the OS details.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   
5 REPLIES 5

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup 7.x only run on 64bit Linux. It seems you are on a 32bit version

See:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/246007/how-to-determine-whether-a-given-linux-is-32-bit-or-64-bit

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi,

as per uname -a , your OS is compiled to run as 32 bit.

and in netbackup you are using 64 bit..

you need to complie your OS with 64 bit... and try the intallation..

netbackup 7.X does not support 32 bit Unix OS as Master serer.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you are unsure if a OS is fit for Netbackup installation check Symantec SORT at :

https://sort.symantec.com/checklist/install

huanglao2002
Level 6

yes ,please install 64 bit OS.

Mr_Fox_Foot
Level 4

Thank you for the Nagalla, huanglao2002.

Thank you for the useful link Nicolai, The reason I got confused because as per the screenshot i have provided earlier, the uname –a output displays as i686 which is to be considered as 32 bit OS however the /proc/cpuinfo output displays as “lm” i.e., long module for 64 bit OS.

Can you guys help me in how to turn this 32 bit OS to 64 bit  also I will seek Google for some steps, Or do we have any mhVTL embedded OS VM machine available in this forum  to download and use for my required purpose.

Thanks in advance.