cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 7.6.0.1 client on window 7

PD001
Level 5

Trying to install NBU 7.6.0.1 client on Win7 Pro SP1, but it will not give me the option to install locally. How can I install this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you already have the console why you want to install the client, you can backup this machine as you already have all the services needed to back it up.

You can not install the client on this unless you remove the NBU console from it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

could you attach the screen shot of it...?

are you sure you are using the client software to install...?

PD001
Level 5

yes, I'm told the client only supports WIN7 Ultimate. 

RamNagalla

NetBackup 7.x Operating System Compatibility List says NetBackup Client is supported on all Windows 7 Editions.

see page number 22 in below compatiblity list.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76648

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Please ensure that you are running the setup using the Netbackup 7.6.0.1 base binaries and not using the any patch binaries. This behavior can be seen if you try to install any Netbackup patch version directly on a server without the base version installed...

Stumpr2
Level 6

Check to see if there is a currently ANY installed version of NetBackup and uninstall it. Then install NBU 7.6.0.1 with run as administrator.

PD001
Level 5

Page 22 of the pdf just shows Win7 Ultimate as being Compatible . 

I'm installing the 7.6.0.1version,  the setup.exe is 7.6.00.113.1113

same thing happens with 7.5 base version

RamNagalla

it says all edtions.

win7.PNG

you can also try restaring the system once if Stumpr2 point is the case...

sksujeet
Level 6

but it will not give me the option to install locally

Do you have the NetBackup Admin console installed on this machine?It will not give you the option to install the agent locally if that is the case.

Go to services and let us know what all netbackup services do you see.

Compatability is not the issue and it is supported as per SCL.

PD001
Level 5

Thanks, see it now....

Problem is , they put that big table with "Windows 7 Ultimate" just under that and it distracted me......

Yes I do have the NBU consoles on my machine that I'm trying to install the client. could I stop the services and try and trick the backup agent into installing?

sksujeet
Level 6

If you already have the console why you want to install the client, you can backup this machine as you already have all the services needed to back it up.

You can not install the client on this unless you remove the NBU console from it.

PD001
Level 5

Did not know that, Thank you.