cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Quantum Scalar i40 on Redhat Linux

kimihira
Level 4

I have recently received a Quantum Scalar i40 tape library and I’m trying to get it to work with Netbackup 7.5.   I have connected the tape library to a media server (Redhat Linux) via a SAS cable and I can see a tape drive, but I am unable to see the library (tape changer).    I have searched for a device driver, but can only find one for Windows.   Does anyone have any ideas about what I need to do to get this to work?

David

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

no driver required. NetBackup controls robot thru sg driver that is bundled in RHEL.

Just proceed Device Configuration Wizard.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Confirm that devices can be seen at OS level with:

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

Also see the Linux chapter in NBU Device Config Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5186

kimihira
Level 4

Hi,

Many thanks, I have sorted it.   I had two tape drives and it appears that I had to connect the first tape drive in order for the system to see the library changer.

Will_Restore
Level 6
information from the library user guide: Configuring Control Paths A control path is the connection between a partition and host application. The control path connection is made through a designated tape drive. When you create a partition, the library automatically assigns the first tape drive in the partition as the control path. You can modify the control path at any time. Only one tape drive can be selected as the control path per partition. In the event that the tape drive control path connection to the host application fails, you can manually select a different control path tape drive for the partition.