Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Web Client Plugin 7.7.1

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello All,

stuck on getting this plugin thing working ... wasted a lot of time .

I am following this article which is in sync with the admin guide.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.0000...

At step 4 it says this - 

In the downloaded plug-in folders, locate the netbackup-vwc-plugin.zip folder. Copy that folder to the plug-in package host web server.

The vSphere Web Client server can be the plug-in package host.

Where the heck can I copy the .zip file. I dont know how can I get the url working something like this.

https://host.example.com/netbackup-vwc-plugin.zip.

Please please please help me :(

3 REPLIES 3

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

While the VSphere Web Client server is technically running a web server, that server instance cannot host files.

You need another web server instance running on top of it to host the file, like IIS.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Is it possible to get the plugin installed without having to configure IIS. If thats a requirement then it should have been properly documented. 

I will apprecaite if you guide me on how to host a file in IIS. Also As there is already a web server running it wont allow IIS to start unless I change the port. Please eloborate. 

Thanks a lot mnolan.

mnolan
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There are a lot of open source web servers that might also work fairly well for this usage and might even run on the fly without much configuration. Documentation for this will be left to that vendor.

From that technote we definitely mention that it needs to be a web server and that it can be the same sever as the web client server, however I have never found any documentation or any way to host it via the web client server installation itself. What I believe we need to clarify is that it can be the same physical server as the vpshere web-client but is not the vsphere web server itself.

We're hitting the duplicity of the IT term server and hitting it where server != server.