cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant recovery fails with error 61

Simon78
Level 3

Running NetBackup 8.1 on Windows Server 2008.

Had a recent issue with a remote NBU domain's master server where I needed to use instant recovery (vmware), when attempting to run the "nbrestorevm -vmw -ir_activate -C virtual_machine_inventory_name -temp_location temporary_datastore_for_writes" command, it shows as being successful from the command line; but then immediately fails in the admin console with error 61 "the vnetd proxy encountered an error".

I've seen similar issues when upgrading the clients from 8.0 to 8.1 which involved the nbcertcmd command to obtain a host certificate and or input the reissue token.

So the question is how do you use instant recovery across domains with the new security model in 8.1?

2 REPLIES 2

Thiago_Ribeiro
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Thiago,

Thanks but I don't see how these articles are related to the issue at hand; the client won't have a certificate installed as it's a VM and so doesn't require the client to be installed to backup and restore. there is not an issue with the master server certificates as all clients in each NBU domain are operating correctly with the certs in place.

The issue at hand relates to restoring a VM using instant recovery in a remote domain; it just so happenned that the VM to be recovered was a master server from the remote NBU domain.

Could this be related to the fact that I am having to reconfigure the trust relationship backup between the NBU domain since it drops this config during the 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade?