cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is BMR Information Replicated Through AIR?

savas_irez
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I couldn't find any information regarding this question: "Is BMR information, that was collected on a master server, replicated by AIR to DR master server?"

Does anyone know anything about that? I did "BMR Master server setup" on the DR master server, but there are no clients inside "Bare Metal Restore Clients" section.

Note: I can see the BMR clients on the Primary Master server.

Thanks,

Savas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
But enhancement planned in NetBack 7.5 include "Auto Image Replication for BMR images". I'm not sure what this means exactly, but I believe this is what you want. Check "NetBackup 7.5 Beta Invitation" and try it! http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164645

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
But enhancement planned in NetBack 7.5 include "Auto Image Replication for BMR images". I'm not sure what this means exactly, but I believe this is what you want. Check "NetBackup 7.5 Beta Invitation" and try it! http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164645

falti_manullang
Level 5
Partner

@saves: What do you mean? have you ever success to configure BMR before?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

All current AIR documentation only makes reference to image info. That says to me only 'normal' image info under netbackup/db/images will be replicated with AIR - no BMR.

Yasuhisa seemed to have found the info you are looking for.

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

In AIR setup, BMR Auto configuration import at DR site master server will be supported in 7.5 release.

Note: 7.5 beta is already available for customers to try out.

If BMR is enabled in policy at primary setup then once image is replicated to DR domain, after catalog built or image imported to DR NB master; BMR configuration import job will be fired automatically (prior the image is BMR enabled) and user can see BMR client node in admin GUI. Further BMR operations will be same as are today.

Also make a note that during BMR recovery of client at DR domain; BMR will handle automatic configuration setttings to match DR domain parameters. This involves updating bp.conf or NB registry to set new master server/media server name. Also hosts file to update any older master server media server name-ipaddr pairs.

note: If you are running with 7.1 release then user needs to update BMR database and these files manually.

Thanks.

-Mandar

savas_irez
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks, that's what i needed to know about.