cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to do a retroactive SLP?

MCPetersen
Level 2

Hi 

I have a very large number of images I would like to duplicate to a new tape device. Instead of doing it manually can I some how create a SLP to duplicate the old images? 

Best regards

Martin Petersen 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No sorry you cannot - a SLP writes its information into the backup when it is done and controls the "lifecycle" of the images

As you have already done your backup you need to use the bpduplicate command to duplicate them

If you make the command vague enough it will do a lot in a single command - the below does everything that used a particular schedule name that was backed up in the last 10000 hours - just make it vague enough to fit your environment:

bpduplicate -dp destinationpool -dstunit destinationstorageunit -rl yourretentionlevelnumber -mpx -fail_on_error 0 -sl yourschedulename -hoursago 10000

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

No sorry you cannot - a SLP writes its information into the backup when it is done and controls the "lifecycle" of the images

As you have already done your backup you need to use the bpduplicate command to duplicate them

If you make the command vague enough it will do a lot in a single command - the below does everything that used a particular schedule name that was backed up in the last 10000 hours - just make it vague enough to fit your environment:

bpduplicate -dp destinationpool -dstunit destinationstorageunit -rl yourretentionlevelnumber -mpx -fail_on_error 0 -sl yourschedulename -hoursago 10000

Hope this helps

MCPetersen
Level 2

Alright, thanks a lot for the reply. 

Would be nice to have some way of automatically ensure that every image gets duplicated. 

Have an awesome day. 

//Martin Petersen 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Hope this has helped - if you tell us exactly what you have and what you need duplicating then we could offer the best command to use

If you are happy with the info dont forget to close the thread by using the "Mark as solution" the answer that helped the most to assist other looking for a similar issue in the future

MCPetersen
Level 2

Basically we have thousands of images ranging 10 months back. 

I'll think I will just use the "duplication" GUI and do a excel or something to keep track of successes and failures. :)

Thanks