cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to exclude some files/directories to restore during BMR

arun660
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I have came accross a strange situation, where I need to exclude some files/directories during the Solaris client BMR using Netbackup.
For example /var/spool/clientmqueue/. As this is taking lot of time to restore because there as enormous number of files in this directory. 

For us last time when we restored it took 18hrs. I wanted to exclude these files this time when I restore the server. Help much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Oh. Its not possible to exclude anything from restore (as far as I know), after all it is a FULL system restore. Only thing you can select is which drives you want to restore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst

Why not just exclude from backup? Are the files useful for other restores?

arun660
Level 3

Hi Riaan,

Thanks for your reply, Yes we could have excluded from the backup but we are now at the stage of restore and we don't have that chance now.

\ Arun

RiaanBadenhorst

Oh. Its not possible to exclude anything from restore (as far as I know), after all it is a FULL system restore. Only thing you can select is which drives you want to restore.

suhas_kakade
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi ,

Depending on whether it is NDMP or filer backup we have that option to choose for excluding files/directories.