cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to increase the history time in the report section of NetBackup Administration Console?

Carl-Marius
Level 4

Hi,

I am running NetBackup Administration Console 7.0.1 on a MS Server 2008.

If I use the "Status of Backups" part of "NetBackup Administration Console" ("NetBackup Administration Console" => "NetBackup Management" => "Reports" => "Status of Backups") - I can only view information 3 weeks back.

Is it possible to increase this to - for instance - 6 weeks instead? - And if so, how do I configure this?

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The default 'Days to keep Logs' is 28 days.

This can be changed in Host Properties -> Master -> Clean-up

The setting you want is 'Keep Logs'.

This setting will also affect ALL legacy logs on master, media servers and clients.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Carl

The report you are running, as AmolZeroCool says, relates to what you actually see in activity monitor

As you want information that goes back more than three weeks I am guessing you want to know about the backups that have taken place in the past (rather than what is actually still running)

For all successful backups run the Client Backups Report or run a query in the Catalog Section.

If you do need to know about failed jobs as well then increase the number of days to retain the jobs in activity monitor (use both registry keys - to make sure you keep everything - this does still apply to V7.0.1)

Also look at the cleanup interval on the Master Server Host Properties to ensure any required logs are also retained long enough for any reports you may need.

You can also schedule reports using OpsCenter if you use it - that by default retains information for 60 days in the standard version

Hope this helps

Marianne

The default 'Days to keep Logs' is 28 days.

This can be changed in Host Properties -> Master -> Clean-up

The setting you want is 'Keep Logs'.

This setting will also affect ALL legacy logs on master, media servers and clients.

Carl-Marius
Level 4

Hi Marianne van den Berg, Mark_Solutions and AmolZeroCool,

Thank you all for your answers! - This was what I was looking for. smiley

I am sorry that ony one answer can be marked as correct, when they all are.

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

For Netbackup 8.1.1 is there a different setting/location to change this ?

Marianne

Still same place. For more info on Clean-Up in Host Properties, see 
NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 

If you have further queries, please start a new discussion.