cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set up an alert for tapes going into frozen or suspended state?

tweiss1983
Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to create event logs in windows for any tape media becoming frozen or suspended.  I have already used the event log to create alerts for when tape drives go into a down status by using the error code 2636 to generate a scheduled task that sends an email to our monitoring system.  However I am unable to locate an event id associated with a tape becoming frozen or suspended.

Does anyone know of an event id associated with the tapes becoming frozen or suspended?  Or know of a way to get netbackup to trigger a custom built event id for when this occurs?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

I would perfer to use Opscenter for this alerts..its very easy to setup..and use..

for tape freeze, suspend and also the Drive downs..

we can also get the daily schedule reports for these from the Opscenter..

you can also have a try it.. along with thease alerts and reports you can have many other alerts and reports can be done easliy..

Opscenter is not licensed version you can have a try and see if that helps you..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

I would perfer to use Opscenter for this alerts..its very easy to setup..and use..

for tape freeze, suspend and also the Drive downs..

we can also get the daily schedule reports for these from the Opscenter..

you can also have a try it.. along with thease alerts and reports you can have many other alerts and reports can be done easliy..

Opscenter is not licensed version you can have a try and see if that helps you..

tweiss1983
Level 3

Nagalla,

Thank you very much!  I have been using Opscenter for reporting, but I had never noticed the alerts section before.

Thanks so much!