cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an easy way to find out how much data you are backing up for a specific period of time?

Allan_Slavens
Level 3

Im trying to find out how much data we are backing up each week, using the canned reports in NBU 7.1. I havent found an easy way to get that one number. Is there a report I can run or somewhere in the GUI that will tell me the sum of all our data we backup?

Thanks

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try Client Backups report.

You can save the output to a text file which can be opened with Excel.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

hi ,

please install and configure the Ops center, will will provide you the detailed reports which can be customized as your needs.

basis Opscenter does not require any license even.. 

hope this helps.. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try Client Backups report.

You can save the output to a text file which can be opened with Excel.

Allan_Slavens
Level 3

Thanks for the replies.

Im new to NBU, thanks Nagalla, I didnt know about this product, I'll take a look at it.

Marianne, this is what I did to get the number I needed, thanks!

Thanks.

Allan.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

I know you've marked this as solved & have already got the info you want, but if you're running on *nix then you could look at using bpimagelist also to get the info you need (the basis of the Client Backups Report that Marianne suggested)

I used the following little script to determine the amount of data backed up (inc. number of files) for a given list (client_list) of clients over the last 24 hours:

for i in `cat client_list` ; do
echo $i
bpimagelist -hoursago 24 -U -client $i |awk '{file+=$4} {kb+=$5} END {print file" " kb}'
echo "------------"
done

Altho' I'm not at work to try it I presume you could just use the bpimagelist command with the -A option replacing -client <client>