cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in netbackup java GUI

Anjan_Das
Level 4
Hi Friends

Need your help. i am unable to login to netbackup java GUI 5.1 with password. its showing error "Incorrect Password:504" but with the same password i am able to login in CLI through putty.i dont know why it is happen. i check all setting but not find clue.please help.

Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
What OS is this?

You might have to look at your security settings.

I had this trouble with Tru64 which did not work because C2 security was enabled on the system.

If using sudo look into what the account you are using, and what its allowed to run.

Anjan_Das
Level 4
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for replay. i am using OS:-  SunOS  5.8 Generic_117350-47 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
when I use the cli I am already logged into the server with my log in name and password

when I start the java gui on my unix server it is set up for root and wants roots password.

So check the settings for when you log into the java gui and see what login name it is wanting the password for.

rjrumfelt
Level 6
You do have your uninx username set up in the auth.conf file located in /usr/openv/java, correct?  If not, you will need to add it to the auth.conf file.  I cant remember what the default entries in the auth.conf file are, but I assume root is there as default.

Once you add your username, if you want full access to the admin console, you will need to add the following entry:

<username> ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL

Anjan_Das
Level 4
HI Hinchcliffe and rjrumfelt,

thanks for replay. i am using own user ID and password for login to java GUI. and entery exist on auth.conf file. still having same issue.

Entery Exist on auth.conf file at location /usr/openv/java/auth.conf as

anjan ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL

with same user name and password i am able to login to CLI. but unable to login to java GUI.

Please Help.

Anjan_Das
Level 4

contain in conf file like

-------------------------------------------auth.conf------------------------------------------------------------------

* ADMIN=JBP JBP=ENDUSER+BU+ARC

anjan ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL

------------------------------------------nbj.conf----------------------------------------

BPJAVA_PORT=13722
VNETD_PORT=13724
NBJAVA_CONNECT_OPTION=0
NBJAVA_CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW=0 0
INSTALL_PATH=/usr/openv/java
INITIAL_MEMORY=36M
MAX_MEMORY=256M
MEM_USE_WARNING=80
FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=1

-------------------------------------------bp.conf------------------------------------------------------------------

SERVER = jupiter
SERVER = jupiter-g0
SERVER = jupiter-g1
CLIENT_NAME = jupiter
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = TAR
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = ANSI
CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 14000
CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT = 4000
USE_CTIME_FOR_INCREMENTALS
DO_NOT_RESET_FILE_ACCESS_TIME
BPSTART_TIMEOUT = 1800
ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
MEDIA_UNMOUNT_DELAY = 0
MEDIA_REQUEST_DELAY = 30
USEMAIL = anjan@yahoo.com
WAIT_IN_QUEUE = YES
QUEUE_ON_ERROR = YES
keep_jobs_hours = 720
keep_jobs_successful_hours = 720

David_McMullin
Level 6
Anjan -

Put * line as last line of auth conf, then try it.

if that does not help,

Login as root, to eliminate user acount as issue.

Will_Restore
Level 6

auth.conf, like this:
------------
anjan ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL
* ADMIN=JBP JBP=ENDUSER+BU+ARC

though you have to be root to edit it

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
i.e. line by line, so as soon as the * is reached (where * denotes everything else?) NB would not read any further down the file?

Anjan_Das
Level 4
Hi All

Still same going on. no sucess.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Has your password got any "metacharacters" in it? e.g. *, @ etc etc etc

It may be that these are being mis-represented at login?

Seen this happen for one of my colleagues with his normal Windows login - the keyboard mapping of the "@" symbol is incorrect at boot up of his PC & so is not where expected resulting in login failures. Try typing the password in the user name box just to see if it is as expected.

May be worth changing the password & trying again?

***EDIT***
And strange as it may seem, several years ago I set up a UNIX login for a user, who then proceeded to apply a password to it. All worked fine, no problem at all. The user then required a drive mapping from this same UNIX server to his PC - again this was not deemed to be a problem. However, the drive would not map saying the password was incorrect. I reset the password so that I could try it & it mapped ok. Reset the password for the user (who applied his original password) & the drive mapping failed. After many times, passing back & forth, I requested the password that the user was trying - basically, it contained a four-letter word as part of the string. Tried many different passwords with this four-letter word in & each & every one failed to map the drive (although the UNIX login was successful). Got the user to reset his password without the four-letter word & the drive mapped ok!!!

So maybe it is worth changing your password! :D

Anjan_Das
Level 4
Hi Friends.

Still same problem, i dont know why it happan. i try all option you write but still same problem. i am using RSA key for login to server.it allow me to login to CLI but not in java GUI. please help.

Will_Restore
Level 6
do you actually type in a password to login to the server?
or is this ssh without password??

and what do you mean by "login to CLI"?
unix command prompt or Netbackup bpadm??

also, see this technote:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/248805.htm

Anjan_Das
Level 4

CLI :- Command line interface. i am able to login to through command line through putty. but unable to login to java GUI consol  with same password.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
you keep saying the same thing over and over......

so let us do something new!

1) CLI  - you state that you use putty to get a telnet session to the server.
       so you log in with YOUR login name and password - is this correct?
       then what do you do?  do you run commands or do you run bpadm and get the ascii console?

2) the java console
      tell us the exact steps you are doing to get the java console
      are you running it from your pc, are you logging into the server and running jnbSA?