Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Client reports after 7.7.1 upgrade

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hello All,

After upgrading from 7.6.0.3 to 7.7.1

When checking client reports we are getting an error has occurred while parsing the report data. Please check the logs.

Admin logs?  I do see those they must be created everytime  we try to check a client’s backup but  what exactly am I looking for to correct the issue?

Also can I remove the logs once this issue is resolved?

NetBackup 7.7.1

Linux OS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You can also run the command line equivalent to see which commands are run and then look at logs

DOCUMENTATION: The command line equivalents for running the NetBackup reports available in the NetBackup user interface

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH20462

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Create admin as well bpdbm log folders and restart NBU. You can remove log folders after finding the reason for the error, but I prefer to have logs enabled at level 0. Have a look at this post about reading logs: https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/how-use-logs

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You can also run the command line equivalent to see which commands are run and then look at logs

DOCUMENTATION: The command line equivalents for running the NetBackup reports available in the NetBackup user interface

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH20462

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi Marianne, nbutech...Thanks for the replies!

Marianne,  The reading logs link/thread has really helped, Thanks!  I see a lot of <2> and some <4> still looking through it the bpdbm log is large.

I will update

Best Regards

Marianne
Level 6

Look for <16> or <32>  at the time when you received the error. 
Copy the pid in square brackets [#####] and then scroll up through all lines with same pid.

This should help to find out what led to the error message.

Have you tried to run Client Backup report from cmd on the master as per nbutech's suggestion?

bpimagelist -U -client name -d <start_date>  -e <end_date>

What is the result?

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi All,

Marianne,

[42263.42263] <16> Orb::init: USE_VXSS is automatic but we did not retrieve a credential from disk.  Reverting to PROHIBTED, access control will be disabled   (I found this error numerous times)

34807]  <16>  imagebybackupid:  db_getIMAGE ()  failed: no entity was found (227)    (found this just a couple times)

[61273]  <16>  nbsvrgrp: no entity was found    (found this just a couple of times)

I tried that command  however I am getting a error. I have re-check

bpimagelist -U -client name -d <start_date>  -e <end_date>

[root@nbumaster05 admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -U -A oi-ecalog3-h1-e –d  01/15/16 00:00:00 -e  02/25/16  05:01:00

bpimagelist: unrecognized option oi-ecalog3-h1-e

USAGE: bpimagelist [-media] [-l|-L|-U|-idonly] [-tape]

[-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-hoursago hours]

[-keyword "keyword phrase"]

[-client client_name] [-server server_name]

[-backupid backup_id] [ [-option option_name] ... ]

[-policy policy_name] [-pt policy_type]

[-rl retention_level]

[-sl sched_label] [-st sched_type]

[-class_id data_classification_id_guid] [-stl_complete]

[-stl_incomplete] [-stl_name storage_service_name]

[-M master_server...] [-v] [-inter-domain]

[-force] [-list_dependents] [-list_parents]

[-list_all_dependents] [-list_all_parents]

bpimagelist -changelog [-L|-json|-json_compact] [-min_changelog_key key]

[-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS]

[-new_images] [-updated_images] [-deleted_images]

I followed the syntax

Client Backups Report
The Client Backups report shows detailed information on backups completed within the specified time period.  
# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
# ./bpimagelist -U [-A|-client name] [-d <start_date> <start_time> -e< end_date> <end_time>]

Best Regards

Marianne
Level 6
None of those errors seem to be related to your issue with GUI report. If oi-ecalog3-h1is a client name, then you need to add -client before the client name. As per command usage, use -A OR -client ( client-hostname ) For start-date , make sure you have the short version of '-' before the d (-d) .

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi All,

Marianne, nbutech Thanks this worked >>> ./bpimagelist -U -client oi-ecalog3-h1-e -d 01/01/2016 00:05:00 -e  03/01/2016 05:00:00

I can use that for now, Thanks again!

We still need to figure out why we can't get the Admin Console Gui to show the client reports. The was working fine before we upgraded to Netbackup 7.7.1 from 7.6.0.3

Best Regards

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi All,

Marianne, nbutech Thanks this worked >>> ./bpimagelist -U -client oi-ecalog3-h1-e -d 01/01/2016 00:05:00 -e  03/01/2016 05:00:00

I can use that for now, Thanks again!

We still need to figure out why we can't get the Admin Console Gui to show the client reports. The was working fine before we upgraded to Netbackup 7.7.1 from 7.6.0.3

Best Regards

Marianne
Level 6
You will need to check logs after the GUI failure. Or log a Support call with Veritas for assistance. They will ask for level 5 logs.

nbustarter380
Level 6

Thanks Marianne and NBUTECH,

I am using the command line for now, going to work with Symantec to get the GUI reports to work!

Best Regards!

Marianne
Level 6
Please remember to update this post when you have received an update/solution.