cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with activity monitor in Netbackup 7.6.1.2

Mehul_Pal
Level 5

Issue with activity monitor in Netbackup 7.6.1.2

Issue is with activity monitor it shows the backup as hung however when we go to job status it shows the job is completed hence we have to manually cancel the job

so i m concerned about the intergrity issue of catalog

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Do you see the images in catalog that is created by this kind of jobs..?

in screenshot i could see job status is showing as failed, does it becuase you cancled it?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I see your problem - the job was actually finished within 30 minutes but it seems that it remained active in Job Monitor for 60 hours.

It seems nbjm has not received 'job done' status from bpbrm on the media server.

I remember a similar problem with a specific version of NBU but cannot find the TN now.
Is this a new issue with everything working fine up to now?

What is the OS on the master server? 
Are you monitoring system resources on the master (cpu, memory, disk space, etc)?

Have you tried to restart NBU?
Or restart the server?

IMHO, the cancelled job (status 150?) will cause NBU to discard all catalog info for this job. 

If the problem persists, you should log a call with Veritas so that they can trace where comms between NBU processes are getting 'lost'. 
You need to this right away as ALL NBU versions up to 7.6.1.2 will no longer be supported as from 1 Feb 2017 (1 week!). 
See https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/TAKE-NOTE-EOSL-for-all-NBU-versions-up-to-7-6-1-2/m-p/824508

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think this is the TN you were thinking of Marianne.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH203521

The issue was seen at 7.5.0.5 - Activity Monitor shows the wrong state, but detailed status for the job shows it as complete.  However, this issue was fixed in 7.5.0.6 onwards.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Martin.

Any idea what could be causing similar behaviour?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I'll guess it is an intermittant drop in connection between nbjm and bpjobd, but what the actual trigger of that is I couldn't guess ...

hi

yes the cpu utilization was low not high

OS version is rhel 6.8

on that day we restarted the netbackup services till now its running fine

waiting for the same occur not sure when i will see that again