cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with adding NDMP host

Jeremy_Johnson1
Level 3

Hello,

We are in the process of setting up two new EMC Celerra's on two seperate networks and have run into a bit of an issue with the backups.

One network has Syamntec Netbackup 6.5.4 and works flawlessly having followed all the steps.

The problem network has Symantec Netbackup 7.0.1 and is the one we are troubleshooting.

On the problem network, I am receiving an error when attempting to add an NDMP host into Netbackup. In the searching that I have done there doesn't appear to be many people sharing the issue, let alone the existence of resolutions for the error itself.

The error occurs when attempting to add an NDMP host under:

Media and Device Management -> Credentials -> NDMP Hosts

After entering the host name and sclecting "Use the following Credentials for this NDMP host on all media servers" I receive the following error upon subitting the username/password: "Unable to set filer wide credentials. Authorization error, Verify username/password (101)"

To answer the obvious questions, yes we have verified the created username and password on the Celerra and this is all being mirrored from the other network, from which it works.

Communication has been successfully established and all zoning completed. The Celerra can see the tape library and drive and the master server returns the datamover host names on both a forward and reverse lookup.

Please let me know if you need any additional information necessary to aid in resolving this issue. Any and all dicussions in an effort to resolve this issue is appreciated and welcome.

Thank you in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please try cmd  (if W2008, please remember to right-click on cmd and Run as Administrator):

tpconfig -add -nh celerra_host -user_id ndmp -password password

For Celerra, the username used with the tpconfig command must be defined as ndmp.

Andrew_Hutchins
Level 3

Hello,

I have a similar problem but with attempting to setup an NDMP host for our Netapp.

I get the error Unable to set connection credential for media server (master server) Authorization error, Verify username/password (101).

As of yet i have been unable to use the tpconfig command on the server. Is there any other settings required to set this up? Also how can i confirm that NDMP is installed/enabled within Netbackup?

Unfortunately I have been brought in to look at this after the original engineer left.

Best Regards.