cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Oracle 12 ?

John_P_Lockney
Level 3
Certified

Oracle 12c is not supported with NetBackup yet, but we have tried in the lab (7.5.0.6 and 7.1.0.4) and so far we cannot get it to fail. Maybe the basic functionality with RMAN is the same and only "new features" of 12c will require a NetBackup update.

Has anyone else had experience or issues with Oracle 12c backup/recovery ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

7.6.0.2 is GA today and provides Support for Oracle 12c:TECH214999

See “NetBackup for Oracle operational notes” on page 22 of the NetBackup 7.6.0.2 Release Notes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No experience myself as I dont tend to get involved in unsupported configurations but I wonder if it will still work with 7.6 in view of the changes in the Oracle agent for 7.6?

I would imagine Oracle 12 support is not far away - but then we said that about Windows 2012!

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Good thing you are only testing in a lab... until such time as Symatec supports this version officially...

Are you testing backups only? Or restores as well?

John_P_Lockney
Level 3
Certified

In additional tests with 7.5.0.6 master, 7.1.0.2 and 7.5.0.6 clients, every 12c restore has been successful so far.

We are only using the basic backup and restore through RMAN, we have not tested the new 12c CDB "container" multitenancy features, etc.

Support for backup/restore through RMAN with the current NBU 7.5 version would be great!

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

7.5 has pretty much finished now - 7.5.0.7 is the last release so there will only be EEB's from now on

This means there will be no new features for 7.5 such as extra oracle support or vCenter 5.5 - only fixes

Any additional support will only come in future releases of 7.6

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

7.6.0.2 is GA today and provides Support for Oracle 12c:TECH214999

See “NetBackup for Oracle operational notes” on page 22 of the NetBackup 7.6.0.2 Release Notes