cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Administration Console for WIN x64

Juan_Cabrera
Level 3

I`m looking for the JAVA Administration Console (not Remote Admin Console) software but I can not find it on fileconnect!

Thanks for your help...

Juan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms
  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71299

Note:  This CD also contains the x64 Java console and uses VSS as the default option for Windows Open File Backup (WOFB).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

There aren't separate installation binaries.

e.g.

NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.1of2  - Windows x86 & X64 Servers Includes: OpsCenter, ICS, x86, X64, IA64 Clients, Docs
Split into two files see instructions in NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA_README.txt
NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA-zip.2of2  - Windows x86 & X64 Servers Includes: OpsCenter, ICS, x86, X64, IA64 Clients, Docs
Split into two files see instructions in NetBackup_7.0_Win_GA_README.txt

when downloaded & 'joined' run the browser.exe - Java Windows Admin Console Installation is available from there.

***EDIT***

As Stuart has so ably demonstrated above! ;)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not an individual download its part of the Install DVD see figure below

**EDIT**

Taken from the NBU Administrators Guide Vol I

Juan_Cabrera
Level 3

sorry, we are running NB6.5.6 and on the CD is only the remote administration client!

thanks
Juan

Anonymous
Not applicable

CD Image NB_6.5.4.Winx64_CD.exe provides a media refresh to 6.5.4 for Veritas NetBackup (tm) servers and clients only on Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 Server Core x64 platforms, and for new installs on Windows 2003 x64 platforms
  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71299

Note:  This CD also contains the x64 Java console and uses VSS as the default option for Windows Open File Backup (WOFB).

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

support began in 6.5.4 for 64bit Windows servers, so the s/w you need looks to be what Stuart has suggested.

Juan_Cabrera
Level 3

Great, that`s what I was looking for! Now I need to update 6.5.4 to 6.5.6 to connect successfully to the NB Server!

Thanks you very much
Juan

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

If your issue is successfully resolved, please mark Stuarts second post as the solution - credit where it's due & all that! It will also assist anyone else looking for resolution to the same issue to go direct to the correct solution.

Juan_Cabrera
Level 3

I installed the NB_6.5.6.winnt.x64_351563.exe but the JAVA Console has not been updated ... is still 6.5.4 and I`m no able to connect to the Master.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

there are  separate updates for Java at 6.5.x

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH129076

***EDIT***

Or have you just realised that per your post below? ;)