cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Console 7.0 hangs on Media Server (EMM)

mem16421
Level 3
Upgraded an AIX 6.5 master server to 7.0 and have always used the Java GUI Console for administration.  After the upgrade the Java Console launches fast and login is quick, I can even check things like Activity and Policies and all seems good.  However if I click on to expand Media or Media Servers the GUI hangs.... it does comes back in about 10 minutes and everything works fine after with no slow downs.  No if I close the GUI and restart I have the same 10minute delay when accessing Media or Media Servers.  This was not an issue with version 6.5.x, just since I upgraded to 7.0.  The console is runing on Windows 7 (64bit) desktops.

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

one possibililty I can think of - have you any media servers configured that are either switched off or their services have been stopped?

Could be that it is trying to connect to such a host repeatedly until it finally times-out & carries on.

David_McMullin
Level 6

On your master, run nbemmcmd -listhosts and look for servers that no longer exist, or names changed.
We have several windows systems added in to allow windows console access and when people get new systems I HAVE to update this or my performance degrades.

mem16421
Level 3
Thanks, I will investigate and write back.

ToddMorris
Not applicable
This fixed it for us.