cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Console - BAR only

peprice216
Level 3

*** Moved to new post from https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/NBU-7-1-Java-Console-give-BA-R-Only/m-p/384385

Hello I am having the same issues except with 7.7.3 and I am unable to log into the admin console, every time i log in it brings up the backup archive and restore I have tried what you have suggested but failed to work for me, I have other coleages that can access the admin console but for me not a chance. would you know if you need add an existing account to admin settings within the console, I am at a loss with this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Does your user have Local Admin rights on the NBU master server?

Information about auth.conf can be found in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 
See 'About authorizing NetBackup users' and 'Authorization file (auth.conf) characteristics'.

If you are still experiencing problems, please create Java log folders as per the other post that you have found. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne

@peprice216 - it is always best to start a new discussion in which you tell us about YOUR environment. (Chuck Stevens last posted in 2015...)
Such as where you are accessing the Java Console from - directly on the master server or from the Java Console on your desktop?

Which OS is the master server?

Which user name are you using to login?
Has your user-name been added to auth.conf on the master server? 

Genericus
   VIP   

Quoting Marianne - "Has your user-name been added to auth.conf on the master server?"

PLEASE NOTE - the case used in the auth.conf is important as well - so if you are in there as admin.user - logging in as Admin.User or ADMIN.USER will fail.

plan for and implement consistancy in your environment!

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

Hello Marianne,

My operating system is windows 2012 r2 which the master sits on. I m using my admin account and i have ticked the active directory option. where would I find the auth.conf file what is the path. I have located one in java folder but says its the template.

Marianne

Does your user have Local Admin rights on the NBU master server?

Information about auth.conf can be found in NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I 
See 'About authorizing NetBackup users' and 'Authorization file (auth.conf) characteristics'.

If you are still experiencing problems, please create Java log folders as per the other post that you have found. 

Thank you that did the trick I can now log into my admin console.

Once again thank you.