cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Console - also opens Command window -- is that normal?

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Running NetBackup 7.5 on a 5220 appliance which is also acting as the Master Server.   Since it's Unix, I have to connect with the Java Console -- which is relatively new for me -- and i just noticed that whenever I open the Java Console, I get a windows "command" type box, with, well, it looks like path info.  I don't know if this just started happening, or I just noticed it.  I only got this appliance up a couple weeks ago... 

This happens on my PC, which is windows 7, and also on the server for out other NetBackup Domain -- which is Windows 2008 R2 server.  Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Hi Lynne,

This is Perfectly normal behaviour on Windows Java GUI, It also shows the executable command and options used and also shows you your user_ops log too, which is useful for debugging/troubleshooting purposes. Just minimize and ignore.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Hi Lynne,

This is Perfectly normal behaviour on Windows Java GUI, It also shows the executable command and options used and also shows you your user_ops log too, which is useful for debugging/troubleshooting purposes. Just minimize and ignore.

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

THANK YOU !!  Guess I just had noticed it last week.  OBVIOUSLY I have no trouble ignoring windows on my PC.