Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java console stucked on nbsl

panthony
Level 4
Partner

Hello,

I have an environment installed with 8.1.1 version. My master server has 2 names : admin name, and a name on a special network that cannot be reached by anyone.

When I installed the master, I have used the admin name, and after the end of the install, I have changed the name of the server name using the nbemmcmd -renamehost command (due to some network constraints). So currently, I have this configuration :

[PROD][root@parg3pnbhvd02 ~]# nbemmcmd -listh
NBEMMCMD, Version: 8.1.1
The following hosts were found:
server            parg3pnbhvd02
master            parg3pnbhvd02-bck
Command completed successfully.

[PROD][root@parg3pnbhvd02 ~]# nbemmcmd -machinealias -getaliases -machinename parg3pnbhvd02 -machinetype master
The following aliases were found for the alias: "parg3pnbhvd02"
parg3pnbhvd02
parg3pnbhvd02-bck
parg3pnbhvd02-bck.eu.net.intra

[PROD][root@parg3pnbhvd02 ~]# nbemmcmd -machinealias -getaliases -machinename parg3pnbhvd02-bck -machinetype master
The following aliases were found for the alias: "parg3pnbhvd02-bck"
parg3pnbhvd02
parg3pnbhvd02-bck
parg3pnbhvd02-bck.eu.net.intra

And entries in my bp.conf file :

SERVER = parg3pnbhvd02-bck
SERVER = parg3pnbhvd02
SERVER = pars3popsbck002
CLIENT_NAME = parg3pnbhvd02
EMMSERVER = parg3pnbhvd02

The fact is, when I try to connect to Java console from my desktop, it work, but when I try from another desk (coworkers or remote desk), connection is stucked on nbsl step.

It seems that on the desk who can't connect, Netbackup return the name used in special network (the one with -bck) :

NBGUIORBConfigurator : parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl_secsvc
[25-09-2018 13:38:37:791] vxssiop.connection:ERROR: VxSS Read failure: 2746 Unex
pected VxAT Error
[25-09-2018 13:38:37:792] jacorb.orb.giop:INFO: ClientConnectionManager: created
 new ClientGIOPConnection to parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl (4813f5ad)
ICACHE.NBSLLoggingContextInterceptor-> Request ID 0 for Corba API org.jacorb.orb
.Reference._non_existent
ICACHE.PBXIOPCredsHandler-> ServiceContext registered.
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoints List created with following endpoints:
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoint #1=parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl_secsvc
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoint #2=10.24.236.31:1556:nbsl_secsvc
NBGUIORBConfigurator : selectEndpoint connecting to preferredDestAddress parg3pn
bhvd02-bck with preferredLocalAddress : null
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Trying with endpoint : parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl_secsvc

The strange thing is that from my desktop, Netbackup return the two names, so connection is ok :

NBGUIORBConfigurator : parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl_secsvc
[25-09-2018 13:45:06:261] vxssiop.connection:ERROR: VxSS Read failure: 2746 Unex
pected VxAT Error
[25-09-2018 13:45:06:266] jacorb.orb.giop:INFO: ClientConnectionManager: created
 new ClientGIOPConnection to parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl (5ef15f6e)
ICACHE.NBSLLoggingContextInterceptor-> Request ID 0 for Corba API org.jacorb.orb
.Reference._non_existent
ICACHE.PBXIOPCredsHandler-> ServiceContext registered.
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoints List created with following endpoints:
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoint #1=parg3pnbhvd02:1556:nbsl_secsvc
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoint #2=parg3pnbhvd02-bck:1556:nbsl_secsvc
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Endpoint #3=10.24.236.31:1556:nbsl_secsvc
NBGUIORBConfigurator : selectEndpoint connecting to preferredDestAddress parg3pn
bhvd02 with preferredLocalAddress : null
NBGUIORBConfigurator : Trying with endpoint : parg3pnbhvd02:1556:nbsl_secsvc
getUserInfoFromWrapper: failed to get DomainInfo object
[25-09-2018 13:45:06:276] vxssiop.connection:INFO: created bound socket 0.0.0.0/
0.0.0.0:51909
[25-09-2018 13:45:06:278] vxssiop.connection:INFO: connected to parg3pnbhvd02/10
.24.250.95 on port:1556
(ObjSvc)org.jacorb.orb.Reference._non_existent,,24
    Request ID: 0
    Server: parg3pnbhvd02
    Time Taken: 24ms
    Successful:
    Reply Status: Successful

There is no difference in ports opened.

Why, for one server, Netbackup answer with all names and so connection is OK, and for the other, Netbackup answer only with the -bck name so connection is KO ?

3 REPLIES 3

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
If it's not yet live and has no production data protected - IMO - scratch it / uninstall - reboot... re-think what it is you want to achieve and how you will achieve it... and re-implement. Changing the NetBackup Master Server name after install is just a really bad idea through and through - you have my sympathies. If this backup environment now has some production data protected, then approach your management, admit you goofed and get permission to scratch the data / uninstall... etc... but... if it now has some production data protected, and you cannot loose it... then... well... contact support and... well... good luck.

panthony
Level 4
Partner

Hello sdo,

Thanks but it's not what I have asked. The thing I would like to know is why Netbackup return a certain list of Endpoints for a desktop, and another list for another desktop. If it's related to the change of name, then OK I will reinstall it. But if it's not, I would like to know how it's possible (even if I have to reinstall it)

I know it's a strange environment, but we already have this kind of infra and it works. If we have done like this, it's because we didn't have other option.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
I think you need to open a support case to get back-line support to look at the source code to find out how the "NBGUIORBConfigurator :" routine builds its list of possible names and addresses, as this may shed some light on to why one workstation behaves differently to another.