cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job resumed failed error 232

Amit_Karia
Level 6
Hi All

I am trying to resume a job which got failed with 52, but in detail status of actvity monitor i found following error

job resume failed 232

has any one faced this issue before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Amit, one more thing - which version of NBU? I remember there was a time when backups could only be resumed while the backup window was still open. Once backup window has closed, an attempt to resume would produce some 'non-sensible' error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne

Extract from Troubleshooting Guide:

NetBackup status code: 232
Explanation: This error is an intermediate status code that usually precedes another status code. It indicates the following: either the bpdbm process (on UNIX and Linux) or the NetBackup Database Manager service (on Windows) or the process that communicates with it has received unexpected information.
Recommended Action: Create a debug log directory for bpdbm. Then, retry the operation, save the debug log, and call customer support.

Marianne

Amit, one more thing - which version of NBU? I remember there was a time when backups could only be resumed while the backup window was still open. Once backup window has closed, an attempt to resume would produce some 'non-sensible' error.