Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job was success, but was isn't really writing any data

itea
Level 3

Hi,

I'm running Netbackup 7.6 at IBM AIX 7.1 

I have a IBM AIX 7 client that is showing it's backup are successful (according to Activity Monitor).  However, when I look closer, it says it only writes 32 Kb of data, with no files was written. This happening only at one filesystem.

FS structure (both are JFS2 / enchanced):

/dev/datafs                         /fs                         

/dev/datafse                        /fs/p1/p2/fse          

If I try to backup from /fs (/dev/datafs) all jobs were success, but if I set /fse as source no files was written.

/ All logs at client and server containts only zero '0' response code /

Please, help me (:

7 REPLIES 7

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Is JFS2(E) listed in the supported file systems?      Here:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH59978.html

itea
Level 3

2 sdo,

NetBackup supports backing up file data on all POSIX compliant file systems.

http://origin-symwisedownload.symantec.com/resources/sites/SYMWISE/content/live/SOLUTIONS/230000/TECH230331/en_US/nbu_77_scl.html#file_system_compatibility )

OS Versions CPU Architecture File System ACL Other Extended Attributes or Named Data Streams Notes / Exceptions
AIX 6.1, 7.1 POWER VxFS Yes Yes - Support for file system compression on VxFS requires Storage Foundation 6.0.1 or later. Please check Storage Foundation Release Notes for Operating System levels.
AIX 7.1 POWER GPFS 3.5 Yes Yes GPFS metadata is supported in NetBackup (ACLs, EAs, StoragePools, and Replication).
AIX 6.1, 7.1 POWER JFS/JFS2 Yes No

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Don't think you can use /fse, but have to use  /fs/p1/p2/fse in the file list

Another thing can be if the policy is crossing mount points or not

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

itea
Level 3

2 Michael G Andersen,

I try to backup /fs/p1/p2/fse and /fse => no success.

Where I can get more information about crossing mount points? I try to check "Cross Mount Point" in "Attributes" section . Is it?

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

Yes was that check box I meant.

Please create bpbkar under netbackup/logs and attach this together with the Job Details

Also do a df -gt and a mount and post results in this thread

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

itea
Level 3

Hello, 

My sorry for silence.

Need I create a directory bpbkar at the target host or primary server?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bpbkar log folder must be created on the machine listed in Clients tab of the policy.

Please copy log to bpbkar.txt and upload as File attachment.