cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs are active but no data being backed up

Jesse_Hardy
Level 4
Certified
I am running Netbackup 6.5.3 and sorry I ever updated from 6.5.2a.  The jobs seem to run fine for the most part until some time after midnite then I have certain policies that will start and will actually start moving data to tape and then for whatever reason it just stops and the jobs just sit there.  Or jobs go active and no data is transfered to tape.  When you try to kill the jobs they won't die.  If you use the nbrbutil to check the allocation there are none for the jobs.  I can do a manual backup of the policies and everything seems to work once that is done and eventually the other jobs will die.  I never had this issue before 6.5.3.  In my environment 6.5.3 seems very buggy, Netbackup buggy surely I jest.

This is the environment;
Sun T2000 running Solaris10 and Netbackup 6.5.3  Master
Sun T2000 running Solaris 10 and Netbackup 6.5.3  Media
Sun T2000 running Solaris 10 and Netbackup 6.5.3 Media
SL3000 Tape library with 8 HP LTO4 tape drives
All transaction logs go to a DSU everything else goes to tape

We backup about 530 clients a night at about 7 to 8TB of data with a mismass of backups from standard,  windows,  oracle, sql,  nas mounted on backup servers, exchange, sharepoint and transaction logs.  These clients generate on average 9000 streams of data from the backups. It's been a real head scracther.  We have been playing with the Media Multiplexing setting as well because we were not meeting our backup window right now that is set to 32 on each policy and that has been working well except for the strange behaviour we see after midnite and of course a restart of netbackup always seems to fix the problem.  We also use priorities on most of our policies and they range from 50 to 1000.

1 REPLY 1

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Are you mixing Frequency and calander schedules in the same policy.
Go to the tech site and lookup spaning midnight for all the docs on it ( or search this forum for the same thing)  This has been covered a lot.  that should get you started at finding the issue.