cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs in queued state: Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server :

tollboy
Level 4

Hello Everybody,

We are seeing this all the jobs. I have checked other threads related to same problem but none of them helped. Nothing is moving in the environment, almost every backup is failing with 196 after staying in queued state.

We opened a severity one case with support they are asking to increase the memory, we have ordered the new memory. But I am seeing no sighns that server is running out of memory or something like that.  Anytime there is nearly 3 GB available of physical memory.

Below is the output from one job.

8/22/2014 9:32:39 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:34:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:36:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:38:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:40:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:42:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:44:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server
8/22/2014 9:46:41 AM - Info nbjm(pid=12846) Waiting in NetBackup scheduler work queue on server

Secondly I tried this command as given in another thread just to check the scheduler queue but no use.

nbpemreq -jobs  screen all
Maximum output size exceeded, see log

We have already tried restarting the NBU, rebooting the master server but this things creeeps up every time.

Everything is so slow now. If we triggering a job using bpbackup it takes good 20 minutes to show up in activity monitor. Tapes drives are free but still NBU is not able to assign them for the waiting job and those jobs are just waiting for the drives to continue.

I am not sure which logs to provide. Let me know which logs and what other info is needed to look into this.

Environment info:

NBU 7.5.0.5 running on Solaris 10

20+ media server sharing same DD and Tape library

SLP Duplication is used

23 REPLIES 23

Tomas_Kruska
Level 1

Hello tollboy,

We had the similar NBU solution but with 7.5.0.4 on RedHat linux and DD and have the exactly same issues as you.

Can you please tell me what was the solution?

Many thanks

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Best to start a new discussion and provide details of your own environment and tell us which of the advice provided here have you tried along with the results...

Issues like these never have 'quick and easy' solution due to farious factors in each unique environment.

tollboy
Level 4

We migrated every thing to new master server running on Linux. We have not migrated the catalog. We are building it from scratch building things one by one.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We migrated every thing to new master server running on Linux. We have not migrated the catalog. We are building it from scratch building things one by one.

Curious to know difference in hardware specs between old and new master. 
And how things are working out on new master.
Using same or different media servers? 

Hopefully all of the recommendations in these docs have been followed?

NetBackup 7.6 Best Practices: Optimizing Performance

Updated NetBackup Backup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide for Release 7.5 and Release 7.6