cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPIs recommended for NetBackup

Javivicu_Mart_n
Level 2

Hello Community Veritas:

I'm looking for a list of parameters netbackup showing the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) aligned to ITIL and / or COBiT. These may be provided by NetBackup, OpsCenter Analytics or some other tool.

Any suggestions?

Tks, kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I would not spend the money on a BCM knowledge module. I my view Netbackup OpsCenter is better than the BMC KM. If OpsCenter does not have a predefined report you need, you can defined it yourself. Or in "worst case" write you're own SQL query.

Netbackup OpsCenter is part of the Netbackup. You do not need a extra license unless it is the analytic version.

I don't think you will find a document that compare the products.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

That has already been asked previously, see this thread:

https://www.veritas.com/community/forums/about-itil-process

Javivicu_Mart_n
Level 2

I think not talking about the same thing. I want to know if there are some additional parameters provided by NetBackup or OpsCenter analytics that we deliver product performance metrics.

I have some examples,

Backup Service availibility rate, Backup success rate, Restore success rate, Compliance rate with RTO/RPO, Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) , Mean-time between failure (MTBF) , Average time to restore backup, Age of backup, 

My question:

Is there a best practices document that includes performance parameters that can be included and which are aligned to ITIL and / or CoBIT?

Regards,,,

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I am also in a company embracing ITIL. 

I have not until now seen such a document you are refering to. You need to define them yourself.

One point I have to make: KPI must be messurable & data based. Stand back for a KPI, if you can't messure it.

Sorry for the doleful answer, but I am just the mailman :)

Javivicu_Mart_n
Level 2

I'll be more specific.
Any table comparing and Veritas NetBackup OpsCenter Analytics versus Veritas NetBackup KM by BCM Software?

http://www.sentrysoftware.com/download/nbuKM/3.0.00/nbu_BPPM_3000_Documentation.pdf

Baselines and Key Performance Indicators -  Veritas NetBackup KM (Page - 49)

Some attributes are identified by default as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and therefore automatically included in the base lining calculation. To learn more about auto baselining and KPIs, please refer to the Managing Baselines and Key Performance Indicators chapter. 

Regards,,,

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I would not spend the money on a BCM knowledge module. I my view Netbackup OpsCenter is better than the BMC KM. If OpsCenter does not have a predefined report you need, you can defined it yourself. Or in "worst case" write you're own SQL query.

Netbackup OpsCenter is part of the Netbackup. You do not need a extra license unless it is the analytic version.

I don't think you will find a document that compare the products.

Javivicu_Mart_n
Level 2

Nicolai, 

I appreciate your comment. Develop your own KPIs from OpsCenter is most appropriate without additional costs.

Thank you.