cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Logs 30 days !

Holger_Luebbers
Level 4
Hi there !

I have set the keep logs value in Masterserver Properties Cleanup to 30 days, but after 2-3 days the logs are not shown in the aktivity monitor, for every client.

I need a "history" up to 30 days.

Whats wrong ?

Its a Netbackup6 on a windows 2003 server.

Greets

Holger
4 REPLIES 4

Stumpr2
Level 6
There may be times when it is desirable to keep jobs in the jobs database longer than three days. The default can be changed on a more permanent basis, or temporarily, lasting only until the next reboot or cycling of NetBackup services. Changing the Default on a Permanent Basis Since the bpdbjobs database resets to default conditions upon reboot or cycling NetBackup Services, you may want a more permanent means of indicating how long to keep jobs in the Activity Monitor. Use the following method to add new registry key(s) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\
CurrentVersion\Config
To do so safely, from a command window, run: install_path
echo KEEP_JOBS_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig
Where 192 is the number of hours that all jobs (both successful and unsuccessful) will be kept in the jobs database (or Activity Monitor display). To retain only successful jobs, enter: echo KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS = 192 | bpsetconfig

Remember...if the jobs have already been removed, this will not bring back the information. But this will work from this day forward and eventually you will have your 30 days.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump

Holger_Luebbers
Level 4
Hi Bob, hi all !

�hemm, the value was set to 30 days in masterserver properties or 720 hours in registry.

I can see more jobs than before, after i have restarted all services after your posting.

BUT, all succesfull jobs are not shown longer than 3-4 Days !

Can i set a value in the registry for the succesfull jobs ?

Greets

Holger

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
I realised that I need to have both KEEP_JOBS_HOURS and KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS in bp.conf of my master server running NB5 to retain both successful & unsuccessful jobs. Seems like KEEP_JOBS_HOURS only applies to unsuccessful jobs (at least it's what I observed).

Holger_Luebbers
Level 4
Hi !

Ok, i have added all the values to the registry.
I will see...

KEEP_JOBS_HOURS = 720
KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS = 720
KEEP_LOGS_DAYS = 30

Thanks and Greets
Holger