cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kill and Idle job

PorcoDio
Level 4

Hi,

i've a job idle form 216 hours......and from Activity Monitor can't kill.

i found that tech http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH10541 but when i do command exit deleting 0 jobs.....

Someone help me please!!!!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

As mentioned, check on the media server to see if process 18512 (bpbrm) is still running.

If it is not running anymore then the job has finished. The only way to remove the job would likely be delete it from the activity monitor with: bpjobd -r <jobid>

If you did not want to do that, shutting down NetBackup on the Master and restarting would also likely cause the job to terminate (a bit more drastic)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Sound like you got a ghost job in the GUI. See tech note below to remove it

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43177

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Curious to know what exactly you are describing as 'Idle'. Is the job status still Active?
If so, please show us details in Activity Monitor.

Have you cross-checked the PID seen in Activity Monitor (field in hidden in Windows Admin Console) with OS processes? 
Are bptm and bpbrm processeses still active on media server for this job?
(PIDs for these processes can be seen in Job Details.)

PorcoDio
Level 4

This is job detail, my problem is if i do right click --> cancel job do nothing

7/01/2015 14:49:55 - begin VMware, Stop On Error
Status 0
27/01/2015 14:49:55 - end VMware, Stop On Error; elapsed time: 0:00:00
27/01/2015 14:49:55 - begin VMware, Delete Snapshot
27/01/2015 14:49:58 - started process bpbrm (18512)
27/01/2015 14:50:01 - Info bpbrm(pid=18512) Starting delete snapshot processing         
27/01/2015 14:50:03 - Info bpfis(pid=18216) Backup started           
27/01/2015 14:50:09 - Info bpbrm(pid=18512) INF - vmwareLogger: RegisterExtensionAPI: SYM_VMC_ERROR:  SOAP_ERROR      
27/01/2015 14:50:09 - Info bpbrm(pid=18512) INF - vmwareLogger: SOAP 1.1 fault: "":ServerFaultCode [no subcode]   

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

As mentioned, check on the media server to see if process 18512 (bpbrm) is still running.

If it is not running anymore then the job has finished. The only way to remove the job would likely be delete it from the activity monitor with: bpjobd -r <jobid>

If you did not want to do that, shutting down NetBackup on the Master and restarting would also likely cause the job to terminate (a bit more drastic)

Marianne
Level 6

This job has clearly failed on 27 Jan and is now in a hung state.
Curious about the 7/01/2015 entry - did this job initially fail on 7 Jan and was resumed or resubmitted on 27 Jan?

Have you looked for the PID field in Activity Monitor?
Can you see in master server's process list (ps on Unix/Linux master, Task Manager on Windows) if PID is still active?

And bpbrm process on the media server? bpbrm(pid=18512)
And bpfis on backup host? bpfis(pid=18216)

'Something' seemed to have break comms between NBU processes, leaving job in this state.

I have found that killing these processes will normally terminate the backup job.

PorcoDio
Level 4

To resolve the issue, i've rebooted Master Server, thanks revaroo

Marianne
Level 6

WOW! Only 3 weeks later?

PorcoDio
Level 4

Sorry for delay.........