cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDOMs for SAN Media Server

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

Could you pls let me know if SAN media server is supported on Logical Domains in Solaris?

Thanks,

Hargyan Sharma.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Disk media server only. No tape support.

See :
NetBackup Support for Oracle Solaris Virtualization 
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162994 

Solaris 11 Logical Domains (LDoms) Support
All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 11 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 11 LDoms Control Domain and I/O Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). 

Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.

Solaris 10 Logical Domains (LDoms) Support

All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 10 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 10 LDoms Control Domain and I/O Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Disk media server only. No tape support.

See :
NetBackup Support for Oracle Solaris Virtualization 
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162994 

Solaris 11 Logical Domains (LDoms) Support
All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 11 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 11 LDoms Control Domain and I/O Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). 

Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.

Solaris 10 Logical Domains (LDoms) Support

All NetBackup components supported with Solaris 10 SPARC physical servers are supported in a Solaris 10 LDoms Control Domain and I/O Domain with the exception of Bare Metal Restore (server or client). Guest domain support is limited to standard client, database agents, master server and disk media server.