cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIve Update Server

bmaro
Level 4

We have a master server(UNIX) 7.6.1.1 and a Live Update Server Windows 2008 7.6.1.1 that we use to update Windows Clients. We have other master servers in our environment and at remote sites. My question is can the live update server be shared between master servers or do we have build an individual live update server for each master?  Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

DG-2005
Level 5

What would be the reasoning behind this? as long as the LiveUpdate server can communicate with the clients, there shouldnt be any specific reason for multiple LU servers.

View solution in original post

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

DG-2500,

You are absolutely correct. All the LU server does is host a web engine and serves up files. It can be any platform and as long as it is accessible it can serve files to multiple domains. It does not even need a NBU client running on it. 

While you may work with different domains on the same LU server you need to make sure that binaries from different versions are in separate directories. You also may mix Unix/Linux/Windows on the same server in the same directory as long as the versions match.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You need individual Live update server for each domain

DG-2005
Level 5

What would be the reasoning behind this? as long as the LiveUpdate server can communicate with the clients, there shouldnt be any specific reason for multiple LU servers.

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

DG-2500,

You are absolutely correct. All the LU server does is host a web engine and serves up files. It can be any platform and as long as it is accessible it can serve files to multiple domains. It does not even need a NBU client running on it. 

While you may work with different domains on the same LU server you need to make sure that binaries from different versions are in separate directories. You also may mix Unix/Linux/Windows on the same server in the same directory as long as the versions match.

bmaro
Level 4

thanks guys appreciate it, worked like a charm I just needed to point the additonal master servers to the live update server then I could update those clients on the master server.  Thanks.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thanks for correcting me guys. I assumed that as we update the clients from admin console going to action -> Live update I though it is revalent with the master server it belongs to. 

Good to learn that we can deploy it cross domains