cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last time NetBackup Restarted

Can anyone advised me on were to look on NetBackup Master to verify when it was last restarted?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

The server.log under

The server.log under NetBackupDB will tell you when the Netbackup database was last stopped and started

On windows you can also see when the services was stopped/started in the event logs, if the logs contains entries far enough back.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

Accepted Solution!

Thank you so much Michael.  I

Thank you so much Michael.  I was about to change directory to /usr/openv/db/log and review the server.log file and determine when NetBackup had been restarted down to the last time it was restarted.

Best Regards.

Daddy

5 Replies

Please help.

Please help.

Accepted Solution!

The server.log under

The server.log under NetBackupDB will tell you when the Netbackup database was last stopped and started

On windows you can also see when the services was stopped/started in the event logs, if the logs contains entries far enough back.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

If unix./ linux - bpps gives

If unix./ linux - bpps gives an indications:

root   763     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:43 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/private/nbatd -c /usr/openv/var/global/vxss/eab/data
    root   770     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:06 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd -standalone
    root   923     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:00 /usr/openv/pdde/pdag/bin/mtstrmd
    root   766     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:04 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vnetd -standalone
    root   786     1   0   Oct 29 ?           7:13 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdisco
    root   926     1   0   Oct 29 ?          27:24 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbemm
    root   858     1   0   Oct 29 ?          11:54 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbevtmgr

<snip>

Looking at processes that run all the time, eg. nbemm, bpdbm etc I see here that NBU restarted on my test system on Oct 29th.

If I restart NBU, we see that the system was restarted today (it shows time for today), then just the date the next day onwards.

root 15860 15845   0 15:05:15 ?           0:01 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbproxy dblib nbpem
    root 15971 15881   0 15:05:43 ?           0:07 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpstsinfo -DPSPROXY
    root 15655     1   0 15:04:39 ?           0:02 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdisco
    root 15793     1   0 15:04:50 ?           0:00 /usr/openv/pdde/pdag/bin/mtstrmd
    root 15706     1   0 15:04:41 ?           0:05 /usr/openv/db//bin/NB_dbsrv @/usr/openv/var/global/server.conf @/usr/openv/var/
    root 15798     1   0 15:04:52 ?           0:03 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbemm

bpps in windows shows similar output

Accepted Solution!

Thank you so much Michael.  I

Thank you so much Michael.  I was about to change directory to /usr/openv/db/log and review the server.log file and determine when NetBackup had been restarted down to the last time it was restarted.

Best Regards.

Daddy

Thank you also mpp - this too

Thank you also mpp - this too was a good way to determine start time of the most recent NetBackup restart.