cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last time NetBackup Restarted

Daddy
Level 2

Can anyone advised me on were to look on NetBackup Master to verify when it was last restarted?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

The server.log under NetBackupDB will tell you when the Netbackup database was last stopped and started

On windows you can also see when the services was stopped/started in the event logs, if the logs contains entries far enough back.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

View solution in original post

Daddy
Level 2

Thank you so much Michael.  I was about to change directory to /usr/openv/db/log and review the server.log file and determine when NetBackup had been restarted down to the last time it was restarted.

Best Regards.

Daddy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Daddy
Level 2

Please help.

Michael_G_Ander
Level 6
Certified

The server.log under NetBackupDB will tell you when the Netbackup database was last stopped and started

On windows you can also see when the services was stopped/started in the event logs, if the logs contains entries far enough back.

The standard questions: Have you checked: 1) What has changed. 2) The manual 3) If there are any tech notes or VOX posts regarding the issue

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If unix./ linux - bpps gives an indications:

root   763     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:43 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/private/nbatd -c /usr/openv/var/global/vxss/eab/data
    root   770     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:06 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpcd -standalone
    root   923     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:00 /usr/openv/pdde/pdag/bin/mtstrmd
    root   766     1   0   Oct 29 ?           0:04 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/vnetd -standalone
    root   786     1   0   Oct 29 ?           7:13 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdisco
    root   926     1   0   Oct 29 ?          27:24 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbemm
    root   858     1   0   Oct 29 ?          11:54 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbevtmgr

<snip>

Looking at processes that run all the time, eg. nbemm, bpdbm etc I see here that NBU restarted on my test system on Oct 29th.

If I restart NBU, we see that the system was restarted today (it shows time for today), then just the date the next day onwards.

root 15860 15845   0 15:05:15 ?           0:01 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbproxy dblib nbpem
    root 15971 15881   0 15:05:43 ?           0:07 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpstsinfo -DPSPROXY
    root 15655     1   0 15:04:39 ?           0:02 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdisco
    root 15793     1   0 15:04:50 ?           0:00 /usr/openv/pdde/pdag/bin/mtstrmd
    root 15706     1   0 15:04:41 ?           0:05 /usr/openv/db//bin/NB_dbsrv @/usr/openv/var/global/server.conf @/usr/openv/var/
    root 15798     1   0 15:04:52 ?           0:03 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbemm

bpps in windows shows similar output

Daddy
Level 2

Thank you so much Michael.  I was about to change directory to /usr/openv/db/log and review the server.log file and determine when NetBackup had been restarted down to the last time it was restarted.

Best Regards.

Daddy

Daddy
Level 2

Thank you also mpp - this too was a good way to determine start time of the most recent NetBackup restart.