cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let users use Previuos Versions Tab to restore from netbackup

Bartoooo
Not applicable

Hi!

I wonder if there is anyway to back up a file area with netbackup and let users themself do the restore with previous versions tab, like shown in this picture: 

http://res1.windows.microsoft.com/resbox/en/windows%207/main/1febb176-70a8-4ea2-b8f4-3cf1d98fa8e8_45.jpg  

The users are using windows 7, the file servers are windows 2008 R2 and we have Netbackup 7.1.

Would flashbackup do the trick?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

That is a feature of Microsoft Windows VSS. Your users can use the tab in that screenshot to restore previous version themselves. You can control how much storage is used for VSS and how many previous versions to keep. I recommend trying it out.

Alternatively, if you want to allow your users to initiate their own netbackup restores, you can do that too. The Netbackup client includes the BAR GUI.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

INT_RND
Level 6
Employee Accredited

That is a feature of Microsoft Windows VSS. Your users can use the tab in that screenshot to restore previous version themselves. You can control how much storage is used for VSS and how many previous versions to keep. I recommend trying it out.

Alternatively, if you want to allow your users to initiate their own netbackup restores, you can do that too. The Netbackup client includes the BAR GUI.