cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Slots not visible at NBU end.

NBU_nbu
Level 4

New tape slots has been created in the virtual library but it is not reflected in NBU end through inventory robot.

Robot and scan –changer output could show the additional Slots created.

I could move the tapes from the slot to drive and drive to slot.

I checked it netbackup limitation of TLD sots is 36000. Is it related to master server license or can Bounce of master server fix the issue?

Master server is 7.1.0.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU does not have licensing for robot slots.

If robtest and scan -changer sees the slots, it should be picked up by Inventory as well, as NBU relies on the robot to communicate about slots and contents.

It may be a good idea to restart NBU.

Once done, please run 'show contents and compare' from cmd and post the output file as File attachment:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn <robot-number> -rh <robot-host> >/tmp/robot.txt

Please also tell us how many slots there should be (as reported by scan -changer).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU does not have licensing for robot slots.

If robtest and scan -changer sees the slots, it should be picked up by Inventory as well, as NBU relies on the robot to communicate about slots and contents.

It may be a good idea to restart NBU.

Once done, please run 'show contents and compare' from cmd and post the output file as File attachment:

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn <robot-number> -rh <robot-host> >/tmp/robot.txt

Please also tell us how many slots there should be (as reported by scan -changer).

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You say Robot and scan -cahnger ?  Do you mean robtest ???

Can you confirm this, and if you have not done so, run robtest and then s s command and check how many slots are shown.

NBU_nbu
Level 4

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hmm, odd - usually, as I'm famous for saying, if scan is correct and robtest, then NBU will work - and very usually that is the case.

Short of a restart and retry inventory, I can't think of anything else we can do (we have little control over this, there is no option to set the 'amount of slots NBU will see'  - it sees what is sent from the library in a nutshell ...) - so we'd have I guess turm to logs and see if that shows something.

What OS is the robot control host

NBU_nbu
Level 4

SunOS  5.10

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Re-start of LTID maybe ?

NBU_nbu
Level 4

We bounced the NBU, issue has been fixed.