cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Conversion

Sara_88
Level 3

I have a couple of quesiotns  regarding converting current License  model from traditional to cpacity. 

is there a formul to calcualte how many TB i'm getting if i convert to capcity model?  is there any fee  to coverty from model to another?

i was looking for Netbackup 7.7 license guide but I didnt find it,

note: i've already contacted my local reseller but no luck.

Thanks All

3 REPLIES 3

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Apologies, AFAIK the licensing guide is not a public shareable doc.  However, someone must have accidentally left a copy on the inter-web somewhere.

I can't remember ever seeing anything specific in any of the licensing guides regarding conversion, i.e. I have never seen anything that says "Feature X" is worth XTB, and "Feature Y" is worth YTB.

Assuming that such a license conversion is even possible, then... my advice, make sure you have your company's best negotiator with you.

nbutech
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Well Licensing guide is just a document to give information about the different models and what can be bundled..they will never have the information you are looking for...As said earlier by "sdo" you need to talk to your Account manager who can be best help to get the best model that would suit your environment

Will_Restore
Level 6

Run nbdeployutil (found in Master server admincmd directory) to give you an idea of what you're currently backing up. 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000044563

Your reseller should be able to provide pricing per TB.  Folks here cannot do that.