cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License is require for Netbackup 8.1 for MySQL and MariaDB Agent ?

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Netbackup 8.1 is supported for MySQL and MariaDB database.

Any Agent License is require for Netbackup for MySQL and MariaDB Agent.

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Have a look at NBU Documentation:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/doc/127649594-129198443-0/index

Extract:

About the License for NetBackup for MySQL Agent

The NetBackup for MySQL Agent is not a separately licensed option of NetBackup. However, it is expected that each customer using the NetBackup for MySQL Agent has a NetBackup license and is under support contract. In general, licensing of the NetBackup for MySQL Agent follows the existing capacity licensing models for supported database agents.

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee

There are no separate licenses for either of the databases. But you would require to install the new 8.1 mysql agent (separate installer) on the client machine

Below is a link for your reference - the admin guide itself which would provide you with the names of the files that require to be downloaded and installed.

https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc-viewer.127649594-129198443-0.index.html

Contents from the link are as below

Packaging the NetBackup for MySQL Agent

The MySQL agent is packaged in NBMySQLAgent_8.1.zip file and is available on my.veritas.com site. The NBMySQLAgent_8.1.zip package file includes the following platform files:

• (Windows) NBMySQLAgent_8.1_AMD64/

• (Linux RHEL) NBMySQLAgent_8.1_linuxR_x86/

• (Linux SLES) NBMySQLAgent_8.1_linuxS_x86/

About the License for NetBackup for MySQL Agent

The NetBackup for MySQL Agent is not a separately licensed option of NetBackup. However, it is expected that each customer using the NetBackup for MySQL Agent has a NetBackup license and is under support contract. In general, licensing of the NetBackup for MySQL Agent follows the existing capacity licensing models for supported database agents.

Oops I guess Marianne already responded to your question. probably page wasn't refreshed for me for some reason