cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Backup

J__M__MEYER
Level 4
Hi-
I need to backup a linux client in DMZ. I've installed veritas on linux than I've configured the Firewall with VNETD and master server too. (I've experienced other AIX server in DMZ with success).
But when I configure the client: Host properties->Clients->linuxserver->properties. It doesn't run....
The master server run AIX with many services open, the client have only a few service open: vnetd port, ssh,...
Has anyone an idea where's the problem? which service should be for linux open??
Regards
jmm
6 REPLIES 6

Ankur_Kumar
Level 5
Hi Jerome,

Please do check up on the status of the ports 13782 on the client and the master and 13720 on the master is open on the firewall for the boxes to communicate.

once the ports are opened on the firewall, please

do a telnet on the client to the client on the port 13782 to check if the bpcd service is listening for connections if not boune the inetd once

1)Please do a telnet from the client to the master on the port 13720 to check on the connectivity

2)Please do a telnet from the master to the client on the port 13782 to check wether the master can communicate to the client box

J__M__MEYER
Level 4
Hi Ankur-

Thanks for the answer!
So, telnet from client to master with ports 13720 and 13782 are ok!
telnet from master or client to client on port 13782 aren't ok, the following message appears:
Trying...
Connected to client.
Escape character is '^]'.
bpcd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Connection closed.
The following netbackup port on client are open:
bpcd, bpjava-nsvc, vnetd, vopied BUT the telnet port isn't open!!
What's could be the problem?
-jmm

J__M__MEYER
Level 4
Hi Ankur-

Thanks for the answer!
So, telnet from client to master with ports 13720 and 13782 are ok!
telnet from master or client to client on port 13782 aren't ok, the following message appears:
Trying...
Connected to client.
Escape character is '^]'.
bpcd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Connection closed.
The following netbackup port on client are open:
bpcd, bpjava-nsvc, vnetd, vopied BUT the telnet port isn't open!!
What's could be the problem?
-jmm

Rob_Small
Level 2
you may want to make sure this RPM is loaded on your linux box:

compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118

or some RPM close to that in version and name.

Ankur_Kumar
Level 5
Hi Jerome

check this out please

bpcd: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exact Error Message

Details:
The Linux shared library, libstdc++-libc*.so.* is not installed on the Linux system. Get it from the appropriate vendor support site and install it.

VERITAS NetBackup (tm) bpcd requires this shared library in order to function. It is not included with the NetBackup client or Server installation. It is either pre-installed with the Linux system, or must be installed separately if it is not present.

Tested libstdc++-libc*.so.* versions (RPM):

compat-libstdc++-6.2-29.0.16.i386.rpm
compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.119.i386.rpm

ciao
Ankur Kumar

J__M__MEYER
Level 4
Hi Rob-

I've found this infos on the following document:

Document ID: 267077
http://support.veritas.com/docs/267077

I've installed it and it's running fine...
Thanks a lot for your help!

Ciao
Jerome