cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux client install to VMware guest issue

hgraylin
Level 3

All,

I just created a policy to backup Linux vmware servers. When adding clients to the policy, the Operating System shows as "sles11_64Guest", which is fine, but when I attempt to push the client to these servers, NBU errors out with, "Cannot install client prodbmw1, invalid hardware type 'vmx-08' and/or operating system 'sles11_64Guest'".

I know why it's giving this error, but I'm curious as to ways around it. I know I can install the client manually using the individual rpm files located in /usr/openv/netbackup/client/Linux/SuSE3.0.76, but I'm wondering if there's a way to avoid the manual install and still use the install script that comes with NBU.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need to manually select the client OS in the policy. 
There should be Linux/SuSE3.0.76 available in the drop-down list. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tousif
Level 6

Hello,

We need more information about your environment. What is the operating system on master and client.

Please share uname -a from both systems.

Can you able to select the client operating system manually?

Thanks & Regards

Marianne
Level 6

You will need to manually select the client OS in the policy. 
There should be Linux/SuSE3.0.76 available in the drop-down list. 

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Just to be clear on this...

you can push client SW from master/media which is running the same OS flavour... IE cannot push linux binaries to the client from windows based master/media and vice versa....

Jeremiahb28
Level 3

I agree with Marianne, You will need to manually select the client as Linux if they are Linux and this will allow you to push out the client Binaries. I know that sometimes the NBU policy when adding the client allowing it to detect the operating system will in some cases select the wrong OS TYPE for Linux.

This is my experience however manually selecting the correct Linux OS type allows me to push the install with no issue.

Marianne
Level 6
Totally surprised to see solution being acknowledged after 8 months!