cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Content Backup

Dackey
Level 4

Bonjour a tous et bonne année ;)

J'ai comme infrastructure de sauvegarde une ppliance Netbackup et plusieur Media Server Windows.

L'Appliance est saturé 96%.

J'ai remarqué que certain volume d'une baie de stockage etait sauvegardé alors qu'il ne devrait pas l'etre.

Le problèmes a été résolu, maintenant je voudrais expirer les backups concernés, mais comment savoir quel backup a sauvegardé le volume, et en mode commande ?

Sachant que la policy est la même pour toute la baie de stockage.

Merci d'avance.

In EN:

Hello everybody ^^

I'm working on Appliance 5230, but the stockage is full, exactly 96%, i have discover that some volume who must'nt be backup are backup, the issue is resolve.

Now i would like to expire the backup with the volume who must'nt be backup.

How can we do the list of this backup in command line ?

Thx for help.

9 REPLIES 9

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Bonjour @Dackey ,

Tout d'abord, je vous conseille de publier vos topics en anglais comme ça vous receverez plus de retour vu qu'il s'agit d'un forum en anglais.

Pour le problème que vous avez, merci de préciser :

- Le type de la politique de sauvegarde et comment sont sauvgardés ces volumes.

- S'il s'agissent des backups de type fichier (MS-WINDOWS ou Standard), est-ce que l'option "Multiple data steam" est cochée? si oui, vous pouvez par la suite identifier l'image qui correspond à votre volume/lecteur en question.

-Si l'option n'est pas activée, il faut supprimer toute l'image.. (malheureusement).

pour lister le contenu d'une image , vous pouvez utiliser la commande bplist "https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/doc/123533878-127136857-0/v123539752-127136857

J'espère avoir répondu à vos questions.

Bon courage,

Hello HHa,

Thx for reply,

the type of policy is NDMP, and "Allow multiple data streams" is well used.

Now how can i see which backup have the volume i want ?

I've tried the command bplist but each time i have the response "No entity was found"

Thx for you'r help.

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi,

sorry for the delay, for the bplist command try this :

(tbh, the bplist command is very "sensitive" you must really put the "right" variables)

./bplist -B -C clinet_name -t 19 -l -R / > content.txt

then do a grep of the searched file.

* if the grep command didn't get you a readable or an error message, try this :

grep filename content.txt >> content2.txt "--binary-files=text"
then cat the wanted file in content2.txt.

Now there is a way to know which backup has the volumes you are looking for (the one I would defenelty use..) open your BAR and seek for each day (blue or green dots depends on your schedule type) till you find the wanted volume then take note of the date & time of the backup. then get an extract of your images (filter with the client's name) and search for the exact date&time.. 

hope its helpful.

PS:thanks for the the translation ;)

Hello HHA,

Thx for reply, the command line "bplist -B -C  <Client Name> -t 19 -l -R / > content.txt" is working good !

But i don't see the backupID just the content of all backup.

How can i do to have the BackupID to expire it ?

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hi @Dackey 

I gave you the syntax just because you said you need it to list the backup's content.

but to identify which backupid, try what I suggested before:

"Now there is a way to know which backup has the volumes you are looking for (the one I would defenelty use..) open your BAR and seek for each day (blue or green dots depends on your schedule type) till you find the wanted volume then take note of the date & time of the backup. then get an extract of your images (filter with the client's name) and search for the exact date&time.. " and just to be sure it is the one, you can use bplist with -s start time and -e end time to list the content..

good luck

Ok, but i don't really understand .

What are tou talking about with "BAR" ?

Also do you speek of the Green or Blue Bar of the Schedule Time, depend of the type of backup, Full = Green ?

Thx  to explain to me plz ^^

Hamza_H
   VIP   

Hello,

BAR (Backup, Archive and restore console) and yes the full is green and incr is blue..

Hello ^^,

Oh ok.

But this method, is good for the recent job, but the old ?

Because in the BAR, i can just see the 3 Last days.

Hamza_H
   VIP   
Hello,
Then I thibk you only have 3 images of the backup. What are the retentions?
Are you sure you are not mistyping the right nae of the client?
How many backup do you have when you do the extract from Images On Disks? (Filter by name of client and expiration date put « !@ ».
GL