cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Images from Backup

JasonRkr
Level 4

Is there a command to list the images created from a specific backup schedule?  I ran a SQL backup and want to list only the images for the last Monthly-Full schedule.  I see the bpimagelist command and can get a list by policy for a date/time range, but I thought there might be something more specific to just the single backup schedule.  If I'm missing a bpimagelist option, please let me know that, too.

Thank you,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi Jason

Are you looking for the backup ID type information for a particular client/policy/schsedule combination, or are you wanting to dive in deeper and look at what was backed up?

If the former, then bpimagelist does have a "-sl <schedule label>" option (or name) which should help.

If the latter, then have a look at either the bpflist or bplist commands - both can extract file details from the backup (although I'll be honest and say getting the syntax right may take some time). The bpflist command does have the advantage of being able to use a backupid. The bplist command looks at a time frame.

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi Jason

Are you looking for the backup ID type information for a particular client/policy/schsedule combination, or are you wanting to dive in deeper and look at what was backed up?

If the former, then bpimagelist does have a "-sl <schedule label>" option (or name) which should help.

If the latter, then have a look at either the bpflist or bplist commands - both can extract file details from the backup (although I'll be honest and say getting the syntax right may take some time). The bpflist command does have the advantage of being able to use a backupid. The bplist command looks at a time frame.

Cheers
David

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

hi @JasonRkr 

what David said.

Mastering bpimagelist is in my view a key to mastering Netbackup. 

I am particular happy for this Veritas technote documenting the output from bpimagelist 

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100017904

Time to fire up bash or PowerShell :)

JasonRkr
Level 4

davidmoline and Nicolai,

Thank you both for your help with this.

Jason