cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all the clients duplicates.

tifil
Level 2

Hello,

I am working to improve all of our policys. And, I'm searching if is it possible to create a list of all the backups clients duplicates with the policy name.

For exemple, I want to know if the client A is backup in how many policy ? And wich one. It tells me, the client A is in the policy 1, the policy 2...

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You could probably try & manipulate/script the output from something like bppllist etc, but the first thing that comes to mind is bpcoverage.

Or, probably the simplest, the Admin Console GUI. In Policies > "Summary of all Policies" there is a section detailing all clients & the policies they are in.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You could probably try & manipulate/script the output from something like bppllist etc, but the first thing that comes to mind is bpcoverage.

Or, probably the simplest, the Admin Console GUI. In Policies > "Summary of all Policies" there is a section detailing all clients & the policies they are in.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

try this command, it should return all the policy names for the specific client.

bppllist -byclient <clientname> -M <master server name>  -l | grep ^CLASS | awk '{print$2}'

you can keep this in for loop to run it for multiple clients..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you have a list of client names, you could loop through them in a script using this command:

UNIX:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppllist -byclient <client_name> -U 

Windows: 

<Installpath>\VERITAS\netbackup\bin\admincmd\bppllist -byclient <client_name> -U 

PS:
It is a lot easier to assist if you mention/select the OS on your NBU master server.
It cannot be Windows 7....

tifil
Level 2

Your command doesn't work. I go to the install path, then, it tells me, awk is not recognized as an internal command.

But, with this command, I must do it with each client, or is it possible to say, create a list with all the duplicates ?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This is why it is important to mention the OS. 
awk is a Unix/Linux command.

It is not possible to create a list with duplicates - you need to manually go through each client.

Try the GUI as per Andy's suggestion.

tifil
Level 2

Sorry, I'm on windows 7.

But, with the export of the summary of all policies, then with excel, with a filter, I got all the duplicates.

Thanks a lot.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Such a shame you're not running on *NIX!

The following will list the policies for clients that are in more than one policy:

for CLIENT in `bppllist -allpolicies -U | grep HW | awk '{print $4}' | sort | uniq -d`
do
echo "Client: $CLIENT"
bppllist -allpolicies -byclient $CLIENT -U | grep "Policy Name"
echo
done

Will_Restore
Level 6

Hope there's an upgrade path in progress.  No longer supported by Microsoft which means application vendors (like Symantec) aren't going to support it either.