cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List files in a restore

Gotham_Gerry
Level 4

We just completed a major restore of deleted files across several file systems on a server. Is there any way to list files that were restored?  We set the restore to not overwrite existing files.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I doubt that bperror will contain that level of info.

The 'View Status' log is written on disk of the server where the restore was started:
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/<username>/logs

If Windows Admin Console, on the desktop under
<install-path>\veritas\netbackup\logs\user_ops\<username>\logs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne

How did you perform the restore?

cmd or BAR GUI?

The 'View Status' tab in BAR with 'Verbose' option selected should list files and folders.

If tar log folder existed on the client at the time of restore and logging level set to something like a 3, you should also be able to find all files and folders listed in this restore log.
Verbose logging on bptm and bpbrm logs on media server may also contain detailed file info.

Always a good idea to setup logging before the restore is started...

Gotham_Gerry
Level 4

We restored using the GUI. Someone else kicked it off, and I was not able to navigate to his restores through the GUI. I was wondering if a bperror command for the restore job would contain the same info as verbose status in the GUI.

Next time I'll create the tar folder on the client.

Marianne

I doubt that bperror will contain that level of info.

The 'View Status' log is written on disk of the server where the restore was started:
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/<username>/logs

If Windows Admin Console, on the desktop under
<install-path>\veritas\netbackup\logs\user_ops\<username>\logs

Gotham_Gerry
Level 4

I determined that all the files in a restore are logged to /logs/user_ops.  It's easy enough to parse the log files.

Gotham_Gerry
Level 4

That was it, thanks. I saw your answer after figuring this out and responding to my own question.