cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of only all policies, SLPs, and all schedules printed to a CSV

Codedtech
Level 3

Hello, 

I need an output for a project that lists, all the policies on a selected master. That gives me all schedules and SLPs for each one policy listed. For ease of use, I'd like this to go to a CSV file. I'm sure there is an easy report in NetBackup to do this, but I'm trying to learn to use the CLI more. 

5 REPLIES 5

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Try this first for a human readable list:

$ bppllist -allpolicies -U

Then consider that Excel is effectively two dimensional, and so the best that you can do is "list" the policies with many fields in columns, and the rows being the lowest common set, i.e. probably the schedules... so then try this command:

$ bpppllist -allpolicies -l

...which will list lines with keyword monikers at the start of each line that you can parse/select using scripting.

...and then think about how to populate columns and when to output a "line of CSV values" - i.e. when reading down the file (i.e. teh output of bppllist), then "when" and/or "what" is your trigger to write an output line of "CSV" values.

What OS is the host where you can run the "bppllist" commands ?

RHEL 6.5

Amol_Nair
Level 6
Employee
Just saying that if gui is an option then summary of all policies would be a great option for you where you could select schedules under summary of all policies and copy the information to clipboard and directy paste it in excel.

For cli based I believe sdo has provided more than enough options

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Codedtech,

If the other examples that you have been given do not give what you want, then have a look at my comment on this post:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/OpsCenter/Policy-Report-for-SOX-Audit/m-p/841065#M4548

This download was created in 2010, but I have used it on NetBackup versions up to 7.7.3.  A big shout out to @Satkay_Satish if he's still around for creating this.

Hope this helps,

Steve