cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List volume groups

liuyl
Level 6

**** Moved to new discussion from https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/View-Volume-Groups-From-CLI/m-p/734589/thread-id/199858  ****

I just want to ask what command can output all the current volume groups list,   such as "vmpool  -listall" !?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@liuyl

You can run "vminitlists" under volmgr\bin without any switches

This should list all the NetBackup volume groups for you.

But the output discards the robot type from the volume group name. So the finaly result would be the volume group+robot type from the output. But if you are looking for a single command then this is your best bet.

Or then as mentioned by @Marianne you can simply run the vmquery command and generate the list by running something like this

vmquery -a | grep group | awk '{print $3}' | sort -u

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@liuyl

vmpool command is for Volume Pools, not Volume Groups.

I am not aware of any 'out of the box' command to list volume groups.
You will probably need to parse vmquery output to list Volume Groups.

I surely know that "vmpool -listall" is only corresponding to the volume pool list!
So I mean what command can only output all the current volume groups list !

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is not command that can do it. As Marianne explained, you can list all the volumes, and from the resulting output, you can build a list of volume groups.

@liuyl

You can run "vminitlists" under volmgr\bin without any switches

This should list all the NetBackup volume groups for you.

But the output discards the robot type from the volume group name. So the finaly result would be the volume group+robot type from the output. But if you are looking for a single command then this is your best bet.

Or then as mentioned by @Marianne you can simply run the vmquery command and generate the list by running something like this

vmquery -a | grep group | awk '{print $3}' | sort -u

Good! Maybe this should be the only way for querying all the volume groups, especially for the older NBU versions!! Thank you for all !