cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of Netbackup Admin GUI filters?

sclind
   VIP   

Does anyone know where Netbackup stores the filters I create? I upgraded my master server from 773 to 80 this morning and forgot to export the filters first.  Now when I launch the 8.0 GUI they are all gone.  If I could find where they get stored perhaps I could rescue them.

3 REPLIES 3

Genericus
   VIP   

The java GUI filters are stored locally on your PC, I believe, although I have never been able to determine exactly how/where they are stored.

I have recommended they set up a way to store and retrieve sorts/filters/column displays, since it is pretty common to have issues when trying to trouble shoot, and the person does not have the same setup, so the sort/display does not match.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

sclind
   VIP   
I have tried all sorts of searching - like touching a file then making a new filter and looking for any file changed after that. Also have searched the registry. No luck so far

Interesting.. 

I tried and managed to find where the filter file is, but only on my Windows master server. Yet to check on my Unix master server.

For Windows, it's in   C:\Users\<login_user>\AppData\Roaming\veritas\java\<NBUversion>\_CustomFilter_<masterserver>_Activity Monitor Jobs Tabletruefalse.preference_prefs.properties

It's not a text file though - anyway you can export filter from a GUI to a text file I guess.