Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for NetBackup 7.7.3 client software for SUSE 12 SP2

Thomas_Anthony
Level 5

NetBackup Environment: Master and Media servers: RedHat running NetBackup 7.7.3

Hello, 

Need to install the NetBackup client software to backup the file system on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP2.

The 7.7.0 SUSE client version is SUSE 2.6.16

The 7.7.3 SUSE client version is SUSE 3.0.7

For the Linux SUSE 12, shouldn't there be a 7.7.x SUSE client version 4.4.xx ?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks for the replies....  I did look at the SCL documentation for supportabiliy, but didn't scan the "Client Selections for Backup Policies" section.

As mentioned above

-- The 7.7.0 Clients package contains the Linux client version for SUSE 2.6.16

-- The 7.7.3 Clients package contains the Linux client version for 3.0.7

The reason I was looking for the Linux SUSE 12 SP2 client version 4.4.xx is because 4.4.x is the actual kernel version.

I will go ahead and install the 7.7.3 SUSE client version for 3.0.7 and see how that works.

Thanks again !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Marianne
Level 6

@Thomas_Anthony

I'm curious to know where you see reference to 3.0.7?

The OS SCL for 7.7.x and 8.x both list the following for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12  x86-64 : Linux,SuSE2.6.16.
Have the SCLs not been updated?

All Linux Client software can be found in the CLIENTS2 download.
The install script will automatically select the correct software.

It looks like the SCL might not be up to date. Linux SuSE3.0.76 is a client version in 7.7.3

As Marianne said though, all the Linux client files will be in the CLIENTS2 download. Looking at a 7.7.3 CLIENTS2 linux folder, I see the following.

Debian2.6.18
RedHat2.6.18
SuSE3.0.76

@Thomas_Anthony You won't find a client version for 4.4.x in any NetBackup version. Even in 8.1, the SuSE version is 3.0.76. The client version SuSE3.0.76 would be selected for any clients that you have running SuSE4.4.xx and would run just fine.

Thanks for the replies....  I did look at the SCL documentation for supportabiliy, but didn't scan the "Client Selections for Backup Policies" section.

As mentioned above

-- The 7.7.0 Clients package contains the Linux client version for SUSE 2.6.16

-- The 7.7.3 Clients package contains the Linux client version for 3.0.7

The reason I was looking for the Linux SUSE 12 SP2 client version 4.4.xx is because 4.4.x is the actual kernel version.

I will go ahead and install the 7.7.3 SUSE client version for 3.0.7 and see how that works.

Thanks again !