cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Backup and restore

AnandhaKannan_D
Level 4

Hi,

I am going to performimg Weekly once full and daily cum incr backup of lotus notes database, mailbox and translog.

What is database and mailbox in Lotus Notes?

Where is the .nsf file resides in domino server, either in database or mailbox?

Is it possible to restore signle user .nsf file.? If so, is it possible to apply translog to the single user alone to recover point in time data.

In Lotus notes,  translog will be as a single file or mutiple file for each user ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I think you should also refresh basic Lotus Notes knowledge and refer to IBM documentation first, before you go for NetBackup for Lotus Notes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Have you tried to read through the NBU for Lotus Notes Admin Guide? You can find links to manuals in Handy NBU Links in my signature.

AnandhaKannan_D
Level 4

Is it possible to restore single user's  .nsf mailfile which was backed up by NB Lotus Notes backup?

Is it possible to restore the Lotus Notes backup as a flat file?

Can anyone show me the screenshot of lotus notes backed up data of restore window( GUI)?

Marianne

Have you gone through NetBackup for Lotus Notes Administrator's Guide  as suggested above?

Michal_Mikulik1

Hello,

I think you should also refresh basic Lotus Notes knowledge and refer to IBM documentation first, before you go for NetBackup for Lotus Notes.

AnandhaKannan_D
Level 4

Hi,

I have backed up the Lotus Notes database folder (/applications/lotus/domino/data22/mail/mail1) and i could see lot of .nsf extension files in it.

My Lotus Notes Administrator requested us to restore particular user's .nsf file from the backup. i.e for example siri.nsf file. Is it possible to restore, by selecting the particular .nsf file(siri.nsf) ?