cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Backup

NathanNieman
Level 6
Just wanted to see how other people back up there Lotus notes server, and maybe how long it takes.

I have been testing backups with staging, and have had big cut in time for a backup but I need more.

Lotus is on a 2003 server SP2

Currently around 500GB

Currently a lotus backup to tape takes 30+ hours
Backup to disk takes 15 hours.

I am using the lotus agent on the Master/Media server which has helped some.

Really just looking to see what other people are doing.
6 REPLIES 6

M-NYC
Level 3
I'm also backing up Lotus (8.5)  which is on a Win2003-SP2 box.

I also do staging.

I would say when I do a full ( about 4TB ) it runs for about 30 hours (to disk).

The (built staging) duplication process from disk to tape takes muccch longer... Probably around 48 hours.

I use the lotus agent to do nightly diff backups. Those only run for a couple hours.

santoshshelke
Not applicable
Certified
hi!

i have written a agent (both unix an windows)  this is based on a new idea and little  understanding of the lotus notes mailing part .

Daily i use to backup approximately 500 Gb ( time required average 10 hours to do so ) of Lotus  notes data .. surprising i figure out a simpler way to  do the process and today i take nearly 2 backup in a day  and  in less than 2 hours each.

I have this customised tool and process applicable to my enviornment..
already mailed to symantec support  but no response yet from the support team.

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

can i see the customised tool?

NathanNieman
Level 6
Yeah I would love to try this customised tool.

anything to help speed up the backups.

pruvn
Level 5
Hi friends, I am having this issue too. The backup speed is very slow, I try a test to backup Lotus data file, it takes 1h45' to finish backing up just 40GB ... the average speed is 392.4 MB/min <=>  6,4 MB/s . This backup is over LAN.

Win 2k8 R2, NBU 7 & Lotus domino 7.0.3

Any help would be highly appreciated.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Flat file! Really. Yes its slow (but read on), yes it can have occasional issues with open files but mostly it works. And yes an incrementaI is basically a full backup. I multistream and mpx to tape.For me I run 5 streams per server to get some decent speed,25M/sec aggregate and MPX at 10 so I get 50m/sec to tape from two notes server.