cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes-Netbackup 6.5 error- Network Connection timed out-41

giri_b
Level 4

Hi

I am using netbackup lotus notes agent to backup lotus notes server. The job fails halfway with error 41 and the job is also running slow. Both the master and client are running on windows 2003. Please help...

Regards,

Giri

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Client Read timeout happens because the Media server has not received ANY data from the client in the period that is specified in the Timeout.

Troubleshooting needs to be done on the client - start by creating bpbkar log directory. This should give you an indication of what is going on with the backup process.

Also find out what else is happening on the client while the backup is running - if Anti-Virus software scans every item being backed up, it will slow down performance, even to the point where it comes to a halt.

Also check Client Read Timeout on the Master/Media server - the default timeout is 300 (5 minutes). Increase the timeout to 1800.  I don't believe in increasing this timeout too much - it simply holds up a tape drive with nothing happening during this period.

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

There is another way to increase timeout on Domino side. Please read this technote http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH29863  on BACKUP_TIMEOUT parameter in notes.ini configuration file.

I wonder if the Domino instance you want to backup has archive-style transaction logging enabled?