cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes .nsf file restore

funkypj
Level 3

Hello,

I need a .nsf file of a user to be restored to an alternative location on the same Lotus Notes DB server.

This should be done from a Full DB Backup of 3 months old and has to be done as of the same old date.

May someone clearly explain the options that are displayed on the Lotus Notes Restore Tab?

> Time for Database to wait - Is this for the selected .nsf file or the entire Lotus notes DB?

> When to use "Recover Database to Go Current Time & Specified Point in Time"

> Should I have to specify the "Notes.ini " File Path?

NBU Environment is all Windows with 6.5.5

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Roger_C
Level 4
Employee

Looks like this has not be answered for a while, in case, you were not advised;

> Time for Database to wait - Is this for the selected .nsf file or the entire Lotus notes DB?

This is not really required, this entry was really used for older machines where the API communication may have taken some time to go offline, therefore, this entry is left for default and there is no need to chnange this entry.

> When to use "Recover Database to Go Current Time & Specified Point in Time"

If you are restoring from just one FULL backup (no INCR) then you do not need to add anything to this entry,

The FULL will restore the image back as it was 3 months ago.

If you use BACKUP_TRANSCATION_LOGS directive and logs are enabled, you may want to modify this field to meet the PIT values, if by what you mentioned you are restoring from just one image then this entry again is not required.

> Should I have to specify the "Notes.ini " File Path?

If you are restoring to alternative Domino Partion (ie different notes.ini) then you need to amend this field. If this is simply to going to alternative path (same Domino Partition) then you can leave this field blank,

Thanks,
Roger C